Emergency Evacuation – COVID-19
International Social Service, USA (ISS-USA)‘s Emergency Repatriation Program connects eligible citizens returning to the United States to the services and support they need given limited travel options due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
For basic information about our program, check out this handout.
If you are an American stranded overseas:
- Visit the U.S. Department of State’s Website
- Register in the STEP PROGRAM
- In case of emergency, call 1-888-407-4747 (from the U.S. or Canada)
- In case of emergency overseas, call 1-202-501-4444 or call the nearest embassy
If you are an American who is returning to the U.S., and you need assistance:
- Call us at 1-800-458-6124 and leave a message- someone is on call and checking the messages from 6 a.m. to midnight, 7 days a week, Eastern Standard Time.
- Email us USCitzReturn@iss-usa.org
For more information about the U.S. Repatriation Program:
- Visit the HHS website
- Visit OHSEPR’s COVID-19 and the U.S. Repatriation Program page for additional information on the U.S. Repatriation program and to download current repatriation forms
Form Instructions and Guidance:
- Emergency Group and Reprocessing Form RR-01
- Loan Waiver and Deferral Request Form RR-03
- Privacy and Repayment Agreement Form RR-05
- Refusal of Temporary Assistance Form RR-06