International Social Service, USA (ISS-USA) kicked off its campaign Connecting Twogether this month to inform more people about the critical needs of vulnerable children and families moving across borders and to raise additional funds to serve more children and families in need.
The campaign name, Connecting Twogether, underscores the idea that it takes at least two people to be a family, while reiterating the work of ISS-USA in connecting cross-border families. The campaign, which runs from November 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020, is a grassroots approach to expanding ISS-USA’s network. Donors who contribute before the end of this year can double their impact as the Jessie Ball duPont Fund will match online donations up to $25,000. Every dollar donated will improve the lives of vulnerable children moving across borders by linking them to critical cross-border social services such as:
- Preparing and reintegrating children in the U.S. with their family members in Central America
- Protecting vulnerable children and adults overseas from abuse and/or neglect
- Facilitating the connection of adult adoptees with biological family members for the first time
- Helping states with children in foster care to reunite them with family members in other states or countries
- Answering social workers’ complex cross-border questions
“ISS-USA connects over 3,000 children, adults and families annually to the services they need across borders,” states Julie Rosicky, Executive Director of ISS-USA. “Thanks to the Jessie Ball duPont Fund, we can raise twice as much, with their generous dollar for dollar match. Won’t you support us to connect children with their families?”
Please consider doing one or more of the following:
- Donate online (with every dollar you donate online will be matched)
- Connect us to two people in your network
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
- Follow us on social media (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook) and share our content
To keep up with the Connecting Twogether campaign, search #connectingtwogether on social media and be on the lookout for us on #GivingTuesday (December 1, 2020).
Development and Communications Coordinator